Otay Water District offers a free variety of water related curriculum and activities. Water education programs are available free of charge to any school within the Otay Water District's service area. All programs help to meet the objectives of the California Science Content Standards. We are helping you to educate our students to use San Diego's limited water supply wisely.
• Grades K-6 Programs
• Middle & High School Programs
• Free School Bus Tours to the Water Conservation Garden: the District funds up to 30 school bus tours each school year. Funding includes reimbursement for the school bus to the Water Conservation Garden and a tour by Water Conservation Garden's Ms. Smarty Plants. Watch the video below to learn more about Garden Tours. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about available funding.
• SPLASH LABS- the District is funding up to 6 Splash Labs in school year 2012-13. To learn more about the Splash Lab program, other class room programs or school wide assemblies, click here.
• PROGRAM FUNDING up to $300 remains available for the development of water-related projects and activities. Contact us for details.
• ART CONTESTS FOR YOUR STUDENTS: This year's contest deadline is March 15, 2013. To see the contest details and last year's winners, click on Poster Contest, Photo and Video Contests, Water SmART Art Contest. Click here to see the 2011 MWD Poster contest winners.
• PROJECT WET SEMINARS are held each year and include a 500+ page curriculum, which coordinates with the State Content Standards.
• XERISCAPE GARDENING TEACHER WORKSHOPS are held at the Water Conservation Garden and provide curriculum ideas and materials. San Diego County Water Authority will pay for substitutes so teachers can attend workshop.
See "Education Links"
Have a question about our school education programs? Contact us at: